LIMITED 90-DAY WARRANTY
Calumet Auto Parts hereby warrants the covered parts purchased to be functional and serviceable. Except where otherwise excluded, if the part is found to be defective within 90 days from the date of purchase, Calumet Auto Parts shall, at its discretion, repair, replace or refund up to, but not exceeding the original purchase price of the covered parts. No cash refunds after 7 days from the date of purchase unless a replacement part is not available.
- The use of parts for diagnostic purposes is not permitted and voids all warranties.
- Damage to or alteration of parts will void all warranties and are not returnable.
- Damage that results from accident, abuse, neglect, alteration, improper maintenance or improper installation will void all warranties. Claims that result from failure of other existing components will not be honored.
- Warranties are not transferable. All claims must be made by the original purchaser.
- This warranty does not cover any reimbursement for towing expenses, installation costs, loss of use, damage to other parts, shipping costs or any other incidental or consequential loss resulting from the installation or use of these parts.
- New parts are covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty and are subject to their terms and conditions.
- Engine assemblies consist of the short block and the head(s). Engines are warranted against rod knock, a cracked block or head(s), bad crankshaft and excessive smoking. All seals and gaskets must be replaced before installation – receipts proving purchase may be required. Failure to comply will void the warranty. Engine oil used must be of the proper viscosity recommended by the manufacturer. Please be aware that the oil has been removed from all engines at time of sale.
- Any other parts left on the engine assembly at the time of sale are included for possible purchaser’s convenience and are to be used at the customer’s option only. Timing belts, fluids, gaskets, seals, filters, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, clutches, water pumps, wiring, thermostats, sensors, hoses, belts, spark plugs and injectors are maintenance items and hereby expressly disclaimed from this warranty.
- Transmissions, transaxles, and differentials are guaranteed to work as designed by the OEM. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to replace all seals, gaskets, filters, cooling lines and reset or replace computer codes before installation. Failure to comply will void the warranty. Please be aware that the fluid and filters of all automatic transmissions have been removed at time of sale. Transmission fluid must be of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- All sheet metal, glass, and other body parts are sold as is. We are not responsible for discrepancies in trim packages, models, moldings, handles, or other options.
- Warranty coverage for tires, airbags and seat belts is specifically disclaimed, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
The warranties are limited to the merchandise purchased only. Calumet Auto Parts, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose on all other parts. Calumet Auto Parts, neither assumes nor authorizes any person to guarantee its parts other than the warranties stated above.
EXTENDED PARTS AND LABOR LIMITED WARRANTIES
Calumet Auto Parts is a leader in the Automotive Recycling Industry. Careful consideration has been placed on purchasing, dismantling, testing, and preparing our parts. This enables us to supply you with the highest quality recycled parts. However, should an issue arise, the following language dictates the manner in which the issue will be addressed.
EXTENDED OPTIONS FOR PURCHASE:
PLATINUM PLUS LABOR LIMITED WARRANTY
Assures the original customer a 2 Year Part PLUS Labor guarantee. This plan includes a one-time replacement part and installation labor* to the customer. Labor will be reimbursed at the shop rate combined with Mitchell R&R Guidelines.
PLATINUM LIMITED WARRANTY
Assures the original customer a 2 Year Part Only guarantee. This plan includes a one-time replacement part at no cost to the customer but does not include any labor costs.
GOLD PLUS LABOR LIMITED WARRANTY
Assures the original customer a 1 Year Part PLUS Labor guarantee. This plan includes a one-time replacement part and installation labor* to the customer. Labor will be reimbursed at the shop rate combined with Mitchell R&R Guidelines.
GOLD LIMITED WARRANTY
Assures the original customer a 1 Year Part Only guarantee. This plan includes a one-time replacement part at no cost to the customer but does not include any labor costs.
SILVER PLUS LABOR LIMITED WARRANTY
Assures the original customer a 6 Month Part PLUS Labor guarantee. This plan includes a one-time replacement part and installation labor* to the customer. Labor will be reimbursed at the shop rate combined with Mitchell R&R Guidelines.
SILVER LIMITED WARRANTY
Assures the original customer a 6 Month Part Only guarantee. This plan includes a one-time replacement part at no cost to the customer but does not include any labor costs.
EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our extended warranties are one-time parts and labor warranties. Should the part fail, and you choose to have an extended warranty on the replacement part, another warranty must be purchased.
The length of the extended warranty is the time period defined under the Warranty purchased. Labor is covered for customers that purchase a “PLUS Labor” Extended Limited Warranty. Labor reimbursement is based on Mitchell’s national hourly job rate at the current national average labor rate and is capped at 100% of the price paid for the part under warranty. This is meant to offset the price of labor incurred, not cover the full labor fee.
All Limited Warranty terms other than Length of coverage and the inclusion of Labor on PLUS Labor Limited Extended Warranties are the same as our Standard 90-Day Limited Warranty.
All warranties apply to the original purchaser only and are not transferable. Any return part/item must be accompanied with the original invoice and bear the markings applied by our firm. The return process must be performed by the original salesperson. Delivery drivers are not authorized to approve returns.
BE ADVISED, some manufactures require electronic parts to be properly reprogrammed to ensure drivability and emissions. Due to the complexity of installing new engines and transmissions, a certified mechanic must diagnose and/or confirm the component failure.